Sunday, February 6, 2011

Monarchs



"To the great tree-loving fraternity we belong.  We love trees with universal and unfeigned love, and all things that do grow under them or around them - the whole leaf and tree tribe." ~ Henry Ward Beecher

Without a doubt, I am a card-carrying member of the tree-loving fraternity.  I am fascinated by the form of trees, their resilience, and ever-changing moods.  I watch them through wind, rain, snow, and the change of seasons.  Trees are the epitome of beauty and power.  These monarchs garner my awe and respect, as they provide shade and shelter for the next generation.

1 comment:

  1. I truly love this photo! I also love trees, probably because I grew up with them all around. I could never live anywhere without an abundance of them! This would look great framed. So glad you're blogging Anna!

    ReplyDelete