Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dreaming of Color


"No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow"  ~ Proverb

I find winter an amazingly beautiful season, but about this time of year I start yearning for spring.  Besides wanting warmer weather, I really desire color.  I am starved for color!  I'm dreaming about unfolding ferns, garden flowers, and bright clothes - a rainbow of color.  So..... I wait..... it's early..... winter is long in the north.  While I wait for spring, I'm playing with colorful, silk ribbon embroidery.  I hand-dyed most of these ribbons and created an indoor garden of silk..... while I wait.

5 comments:

  1. Stunning! Really makes me yearn for mother nature's more colorful seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see your new blog Anna. I really hate to journal and blogging is the next best way for me to stay on track. Blogging has made me think more about the sharing end of my quilting. You are so inspiring for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am so missing my flowers this winter, it has already been a really long one! What a gorgeous piece, and your blog looks fabulous, you did a really lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna ,
    I love the space you created. And I'm feeling the same.
    It's enough already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ribbon embroidery. This is such a stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete