The roses arrived with a note written in elegant script.
It read ~
"You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you.
I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."
Jane Austen fans will recognize my slip into fiction,
as these are Mr Darcy's words from Pride and Prejudice.
What could be more perfect for Valentine's week?
Pride and Prejudice is such a timeless love story with classic characters.
Did you know?
* Jane Austen was born December 16, 1775.
* She wrote her first novel, Love and Freindship [sic], at age 14.
* In her early twenties, Jane wrote the novels that she later re-worked and published as
Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, and Northanger Abbey.
* During her lifetime, Jane's books were listed as written "By a Lady."
* Jane Austen died at the age of 41, on July 18, 1817.
Jane Austen quotes ~
"A woman, especially , if she have [sic] the misfortune of knowing anything, should conceal it as well as she can."
"It is always incomprehensible to a man that a woman should ever refuse an offer of marriage."
"Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Mansfield Park
"Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance." Charlotte Lucas to Lizzie - Pride and Prejudice
"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." Northanger Abbey
Information sources - janeausten.org, jasa.net, and brainyquotes.com
These images were made with a Lensbaby - link.
Wishing you a week filled with love and creativity!
Linking at The Creative Exchange.