Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bead Frenzy


There is a whole lot of beading going on in my studio
 as I'm working on an elaborate project for a show.

Since I want you to think I'm very neat and tidy,
there will be no studio photos today.
Instead, I'll tell you about what you'd see ~
Swarovski crystals - the ultimate in bling,
Pyrite stone beads with an AB finish - subtle shimmer and texture,
seed beads - bags upon bags of them in a rainbow of colors,
drawings, tracing paper mock-ups, Ultra Suede,
 and the usual beading tools -
long beading needles, Nymo thread (size D), plus scissors.

If you're wondering what this amazing peacock street art mural
 has in common with my project....
well, they're both colorful,
both large (my necklace only in relative terms, of course),
and
both stop you in your tracks!
(hoping this necklace will when it's done - we'll see).

Wishing you a colorful, creative week!

5 comments:

  1. What amazing wall art, so cleverly and colourfully done. I'm glad you included a bit of wall as well. It puts it into context and I like the texture and colour!
    It sounds as if you are very busy indeed with your elaborate new beading project. That must be so exciting to see something take shape as you work on the different elements. I looked at the various links above! Looking forward to seeing your finished creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning work of art this is, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I'm positive it will be beautiful!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great mural. I'm sure your beading project will be gorgeous as your work always is.

    ReplyDelete