Sunday, November 4, 2012

What you see!


"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau

I live on an old paved road.
As far as paved roads go, this one is pretty idyllic looking.
A lake flanks each side of the road which is lined with stately conifers 
and overhanging deciduous trees.
Add a couple tiny backwater ponds, which the frogs love, 
and I've got a great place to walk, bike, and photograph.

This old road has been patched many a time,
creating some interesting designs.
In some spots, these patches remind me of elegant oriental writing,
while in other places they look more like the work of a 
paint splattering modern artist!

Are you seeing beyond the obvious today?
Have a wonderful week "seeing".

8 comments:

  1. I would not have until you mentioned it. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with what Thoreau says. This looks like modern art and I like the speckled structure of the road's texture and the unusual colour. The beauty is in the seeing.
    A similar thing happened to me recently when I came across an incredible reflection and what I saw!
    How are you Anna? I haven't seen you around for a while.
    Hoping your week will be a good one in so many lovely ways. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I thought of when I saw this was Egyptian hieroglyphics. Beautifully seen and captured, Anna!

    I need to find a way to see beyond the obvious this week, as the obvious is a VERY busy week work-wise. :-(
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a Calligraphy for me. Very interesting.
    Have a nice new week, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quote, and so true. :)
    Beautiful abstract art, well spotted.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful post. i love your view beyond the obvious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting shot, it looks like the concrete has a lot of color in it, too. It sounds beautiful where you live. I've always liked the look of old patched roads (except for potholes).

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so true, that's what makes things interesting, how we all see things differently. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete