Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Rainbow Macro Floral Project


Earlier, I told you that I'm working on a macro floral project depicting
 the color spectrum of the rainbow.
I'm having a great time with this project!

Today, let's look at some yellow carnations taken with my 100mm lens.




As you can see, I've played around with the color temperature of the yellow in these images.
Some are warmer, while others are cooler in temperature.





Had to turn this one into a B&W.....


Later in the month, I'll show you the Lensbaby versions of this flower.

Wishing you a colorful week!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shots of a yellow carnation, Anna. That tone of yellow is so soft and lovely. My favourites are the first, the third and the second from last! I feel as if I'm a little insect climbing through the ruffles of the petals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, thanks so much for your kind comments, Sandra! I really do love the up-close view of the world that macros reveal. The world is so amazing from that perspective!

      Delete
  2. these photos are simply gorgeous! I love the play on color from warm to light and the shift from abstract to sharp. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia! Color and form always are such a joy to work on/with. Makes any subject interesting and fair game!

      Delete