Sunday, February 24, 2013

In the Works


Dreams, plans, projects, and goals make life interesting
 and keep us moving happily forward.
I know they do for me, anyway.

As for projects, I've got a couple exciting ones I'm working on right now.
The first is an elaborate beaded necklace for a show.
  I'll share a photo later when I finish, but for now you'll have to use your imagination.
Picture nature magnified under glass cabochons, bedazzling Swarovski crystals,
luminous dichroic glass, gold plated beads, and carved stone.
Sparkle aplenty!


The second is a personal project, a book project.
As you may have guessed, I'm a book lover.
So, I've dreamed of putting some of my macros together in book form.
I decided this is the year to do it!

I'm currently printing out images and designing the layout of the double page spreads -
balancing color, detail, form, and subject matter.
I can tell you it's really fun and engrossing.

Next, comes answering questions like - 
where to have it printed, how many copies to print, and what size book do I want ????
Caroline made me aware of Artifact Uprising,
which looks like a great printing possibility.....
hmmmmmm.

Yep, life is interesting with projects in hand and lots of dreams.
What projects do you have in the works?

12 comments:

  1. Those are stunning macros. I know a lot of people online who have been doing books lately. Right now just blogging and photographing take up all my creative time as I'm trapped in an uncreative job that seems to be getting worse right now. I am doing the Liberate Your Art Postcard Swap again this year but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What absolutely gorgeous captures of this beautiful feather, from a peacock I believe. The colours are so stunning and all my favourites: blues, greens, turquoise in all imaginable shades.
    Your elaborate beaded necklace, which includes carved stone and different elements, sounds like a wonderful project!
    Making a book of your macro photographs must be so exciting too. Yes, difficult to know how many to print. I guess it depends if you wish to sell any. Had you thought of that possibility?
    Have a beautiful creative week, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such love colour in those feathers. Good luck with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Projects and dreams sounds like a wonderful way to spend precious time. I'm excited to hear about your book. Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peacock's feather are gorgeous, and you captured the colors and textures beautifully! :)
    Have fun with your book project. I used Blurb for my photo-collaboration project with my friend Jaana, but it came out very expensive, so not for selling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color in these photos are amazing. Best of luck to you on your book. It sounds like a lot of fun. As for me right now I am trying to learn Lightroom.
    That is keeping me quite busy..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous macros, Anna, and your necklace sounds exciting.
    Cannot wait to see it when your done with it.

    I am going to try Artifact Uprising the next time I want to have a book printed. In the past, I have used Blurb, and been very pleased, but I've heard a lot about AU, so I will give it a try, also.

    Hope you've had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations, Anna!! Go for those dreams.
    I'm working on an "Art Coaching" class with a friend. We are currently running test classes and hope to have it polished and ready to go by April. Lots of determination needed for following those dreams!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Such rich color. Blessings for your book project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anna,

    Well, whatever questions you had on macro images you have certainly solved - these are fabulous!

    And I'm super excited about your book project – good for you! Can't wait to see it.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic Macro photo with marvelous colors and details. I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning color and details!

    www.amatterofhowyouseeit.com

    ReplyDelete